Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PMA

No, not Post Menstrual Aggro (You know that horny feeling you girls get after your monthly bloody crusade).

I remember like yesterday, some few years back when I had serious issues/situations to deal with. I just started becoming independent, quite younger and with no one to depend on (My bad actually, 'cos I love my independence, and I love getting things done - myself). No regrets, I was wired that way. Anyways, during those period, I was in a deep shit. With no money, and a proper shelter (I just wanted to be alone from all what I regard as wahala - rules & sh?t. I just wanted to make it on my own - yes selfish, but I was positive), I was funked up!

But one thing that stood by me all through these times, aside the fact that some unseen forces dem dey kampe for my behind and forward, was my power of positive imagination and fantasies. Regardless of my issues, I kept a positive mental attitude. Yes, as tough as things were, I was positive. I was perhaps against some ef'd up odds, yet my fantasies kept me safe from the reality that was before me.

I proceed from one level to the next, and proceeded and still proceeding... Most people will perhaps just accept it as it is/was and bitch about every thing under the seen and unseen beautiful stars, but I held on to my fantasy like a live line on "who wants to be a millionaire" .

One advice I can share with anyone is, regardless of the situation (like someone said, there are no problems, just situations...) is, keep it positive. I usually use this as a case study: Imagine you are trapped on a deserted Island. If you sit by the shores and wail like Bob Marley and the wailers, you will spend the rest of your miserable existence high on frustration. But if you wander (like I wander in my own fantasy), there is a huge chance that you'll stumble on materials to build a raft, gather food, and sail away to civilization. Or imagine you find yourself a safe with diamonds as its content with a dial lock. If you keep staring at the funker without doing anything, the funker will stare back at ya. But since you have nothing to loose, you can keep tossing those numbers and somehow someway, the ef'er will sha open.

It will cost you nothing to dream or fantasize. But always take a peep at reality to see where you can lay the blueprint of your fantasies on the platform of "known reality". Regardless of the jam you find yourself, imagine positive things, and somehow you shall be paid for your efforts. Life only gives to those who give onto it. And Live thrives on our ability to conceptualize, to dream, to fantasize. Everything you know or believe in comes from a concept, dream, or fantasy. From you - (your papa and mama fantasy is the result of the yanshing wey produce you, and Life responded by give you... life!) - to that cute shoe or jeans you've got.

Sometimes it seem crazy, but never be negative, and you'd be surprise what you'll find... Good luck while you dream, but take it from a man who knows, dreamland is vast, and there is a chance you'll get lost.

Stay positive!

A food for thought: A war is most fierce when you can't place a face to the enemy - unNaked Soul.

28 Comments:

Blogger Ms zee said...

and the short form of this write up in my own opinion is.......when life gives you lemons, make darn lemonnade!!!

January 23, 2007 5:02 AM  
Blogger Ms zee said...

oh at "PMA" boo, we feel just before, ON and after our cycle thank you! It is a good thing you know.... *wink*

January 23, 2007 5:04 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

lol... am on my way to attaining feminism in its wholness... no, not the gay kind... I have just one strike to go... then I'll be able to figure women (hopefully)... *wink*

you got it girl...

blog on!

January 23, 2007 6:22 AM  
Blogger Naijadude said...

I cant seem to recognise how fast you just dont want anything you say to be misconstrued as being gay...LOL na wah oh!

Life goes on pretty good and thanks for the "Staying Positive" message!

January 23, 2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger Ms zee said...

I know @ nijadude. I was going to send a mail saying the same thing.. It makes me wonder, does Unnaked have thoughts of being gay, he or maybe bisexual (french accent)??

@ my boo... I keep saying your sexual orientation does not matter, if you are in the closet, come out and come out fast.. you know I am dripping wet btwn the thighs lemme know so I can switch off oo!! LOL

January 23, 2007 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that writeup... and zee summed it up perfectly!

January 23, 2007 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. i will put up my answer to the tag in the post after next

January 23, 2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

@my darling: your drippin wet is not in vain... trust me... I'm 110% straight (80%male, 30%female)... not gay... please don't switch off... cause it took me a while to turn you on... lol

@naijadude: how fast? have you been chasing me? cos I know how "you folks" do it... lol... and as str8 as my erected cock! lol

@ONB: I await thy response dear...

January 24, 2007 2:09 AM  
Blogger Ms zee said...

@ my boo - you are naaasssssttttyy!!!!! LOL... send me a mail if you dont 'ama chase you down and HOLD you down.. *wink*

January 24, 2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

This is a wonderful post. Dreams are important. You gotta dream big 2 win big

January 24, 2007 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done it!!! So ejo explain am oh... i'm awaiting cos Naija Sapphire said your explanations are good.. (i didn't wanna peek @ your analysis for the people who did it already... so it wouldn't "cloud my reponse"

January 25, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Confused Naija Girl said...

you dont know how much that post apllies to me. the write up is right on point.

January 26, 2007 6:48 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

lovely and oh so true, here's one for you...

Dreamer
Was it a dream, or is it real?
The closeness of that person you feel.
The wind in the sky blows the dream away,
But the memory will always stay.
Why do the good dreams always shatter,
The special ones that really matter?
Please let me sleep the whole night through,
And let me dream only of you!
*wink*

January 28, 2007 11:24 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

@GG: nice one!!!

January 28, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Bella Naija said...

LMAO @ first line - No, not Post Menstrual Aggro (You know that horny feeling you girls get after your monthly bloody crusade). WTF...okaaaaay

Anyways, I am really feeling this post.
I'm proud of u for striking out on ur own and damning the consequences.

Very inspiring!

January 29, 2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer A. said...

This line caught my attention..." Life only gives to those who give onto it. And Live thrives on our ability to conceptualize, to dream, to fantasize."

*sigh*

January 29, 2007 4:43 PM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

@bella naija: thanks for visiting... you're an inspiration to me as well... *wink*

@jaycee: what can I say...lol.. Living by Loving it... thanks for visiting...

blog on!

January 30, 2007 2:12 AM  
Blogger Ubong Da said...

Yes o!, I have imagined being trapped on a deserted island plenty times with some fine sistas and plenty Lucozade. Damn that would be hot o jare. maybe I would blog that fantasy one day, but right now I want to blog about my love life, infact make I go post something.

I hope u would pop in as it would be a no holds barred kind of gist.

January 30, 2007 3:57 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

@unbong da: for chizzle ma nizzle... lol

January 30, 2007 4:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My love... update your blog now... you know you are my morning pill *wink*

Oya update quick quick and what is this thing I am hearing about you and Ms .Zee.. Hum Unnaked I will spill the beans ooo... Infact I shall cause confusion in Blogville.. Vera show me this Ms.Zee so I can call holy ghost fire on her! LOL

January 30, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

lol... I shall...

January 31, 2007 12:38 AM  
Blogger ..... said...

I'm done wit the quite frankly meme. go figure the results

January 31, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

When r u gonna update sef?

January 31, 2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Being positive can get you sooo far when you think the world is falling apart...good post

January 31, 2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

@vera: sooner than you can make every male blogger join your amazon tribe

@honey-libra: sure thing... thanks for visiting

February 02, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger feefey said...

what the f*** is post menstrual aggro, me i no dey get am oh...lol
so sugar, where would you like me to check for the (meme) reply

February 04, 2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger beulizah said...

i totally agree with the post menstrual aggro... actually it's pre-menstrual aggro... sometimes it gets so strong, i could find almost any man attractive... how is it possible... i am not even a sex fan like that...

February 06, 2007 8:27 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

@beulizah: LOL... I was hoping a female can explain that to me more... *wink*

February 07, 2007 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home