Tuesday, January 09, 2007

LOOKING UP FOR HELP

Not the heavens silly! UP! Still don't get it, do ya? Well... I and two of my friends where discussing some business oriented issues when one of them said this: "I don't believe in luck! It simple bullsh*t!!" Then he went ahead to quote the famous line: "Luck is simply opportunity meeting preparation." (Or is it the other way round? Whatever! Where was I?

Then I thought to myself; Whoever designed existence ain't foolish but seriously wise. I remember reading the bible (Am not trying to be religious here cos I read a whole lot of stuff) and I came across a story? about how the leader of the Israelite held up a serpent and told them to look up to the serpent lest they get bitten by the other little freaks on the ground. Well, all I deduced was the unlucky chumps that didn't get the drift got bitten.

I figure that somehow in our life, the solution we need are all around us, just right above our logical/rational/whatever head. All we need to do is tilt that brain box a bit and viola! Solution!

Now I don't mean raising your head physically or wailing like new born babe in the name of prayers, but I mean take time out and see beyond our head, see the blueprint, and then be prepared to follow the steps. Many have been deceived in moment of need and then fall deeper into the abyss of wahala, but what can I say, some of us cannot, perhaps, understand the language/signs even if it is staring right in our faces. While some are just too lazy to be bothered. And some lost touch completely of need to LOOK UP because they have been struck, once or twice (even more) by crawling-heaven-forsaken serpents that lay around patiently waiting to "strike thy heel".

Anyways, I'd like to say this: "Always carry around your basket, cos you never know when your eyes will be open enough to see manna falling from above." And remember... The Gospel is always according to you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kinda person .. I always say there are no coincidences and people call me a pessimist, I say good things happen to good and bad people, they call me a cynic, I say some times, all you need to do is look right in front of you for the answers to the same question you always ask then they say I am ridiculous... I keep my thoughts to myself these days and like T would say, "you are a diff breed of woman"...

"Took the words right out of my brain Mr Unnaked!"

January 09, 2007 4:47 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

:-) good to know that i'm not alone...

January 09, 2007 5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great way to put things -- layman's terms :-D.

January 09, 2007 5:42 AM  
Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

thanks azuka for seeing that... blog on!

January 09, 2007 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home