Thursday, May 10, 2007

Surreal

They sat in my presence saying all manner of things. I listened carefully and paid attention to every detail in their words and expression, how much they weigh and meaning thereof. It was all a bid to pitch to me want they want me to do. Life I understand completely, is complex. How do we tell?

I said to them "If you would please follow me, I have something to show you."

They sat down speechless. In their hearts they wondered how a young man like me can have such capacity to command grown ups like them. They asked "Where do you want us to follow you to?"

I told them "If you would please follow me, I shall reveal a few things."

We drove out into the city, they sat down calmly with puzzled look on their faces. For about nine minutes no one said a thing.


Then I said to them "please take a look at the people you see walking on the street and those driving." I can feel their uneasiness. In my heart I smiled.

One asked "What is the meaning of this unNaked Soul?"

I replied "If you would please be patient with, I shall tell you."

After about eighteen minutes, I said "Isn't it funny how we all move up and down and we seem to hold and loose focus at the same time? Can you hear the voices? The voice for a better direction."

One asked "what do you mean?"

I said "Do you know that the heart makes a sound? ssshhhh... Maybe we can hear that sound...."

There was silence.

I continued "Naaah. I doubt if anyone can hear that. Isn't it funny how close how heart is but we can't hear it beat? How then can we hear the distant whispers of direction? You see these people, they either want to control or be controlled. The later is harder to do, so they all settle for the former, very easy to do, yet they are all obsessed with the later. And in their little corner they exercise the former forgetting that they are only reflecting what goes on in the larger corner. They are all being controlled."

One said "What is this you are talking about? You can't be serious. You didn't bring us out here to say jargon when we have a serious case in our hands.

I smiled and responded "Nothing is serious until something or someone makes it. We all make decisions everyday of our lives, but our decisions are made based on the resources available to us. Who provide these resources?

Another said "What is the meaning of this you speak of?"

I said "My existence revolves around the gentle whispers of direction. This is what I have chosen, and for you to be able to affect my decision, you'll have listen to the stream of messages hidden in the crack of life and the read the messages it brings forth. Then you might be able to alter my point of view. But I tell you this, all that you seek has been taken care of, all you have to do is wait for it to be served. And until then, there is a taxi park."

They sat speechless.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Admin UD said...

One Word: DEEP!

May 10, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger LG said...

huh?

May 10, 2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Confused Naija Girl said...

unnaked you are too much for me oh! this one is past my intellectual capabilties oh hmmmmmm!

May 10, 2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Ms zee said...

You must walk the tight rope of life carring with you [in balance] the past, present and the future.. It is not necessary but it helps one find closure. If you leave the past behind how do you cope with the present and the future? We write our own histories and the only time the chapter is finished and the book closes is when we have joined all the intricate lines between them!

May 11, 2007 3:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

unnaked and ms zee you are both completely in sync...its almsot poetic...

unnaked... i love this. will read and read and read again...

May 11, 2007 3:54 AM  
Blogger Tiwa said...

Nice...very nice.let me try, the message is listen to your heart,right? I kinda get this but not really...abeg unnaked expanciate.

May 12, 2007 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post..u blew my mind away wit this one

May 13, 2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Dolly said...

Ah.... I'll have to read again

May 14, 2007 3:05 AM  
Blogger Ms. Catwalq said...

where is the update and it better be beta gist cos all this internalising-esque sturves is not cutting it as my daily fix of unnaked.
What's up hunny? ehn? ki lo n really sele? talk to me...after u update

May 15, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger Simply Gorgeous said...

Unnaked- you want to confuse my already confused mind ? Who are the people you have taken and where did you take them? Like Moses leading people into a wilderness...

I am sure I am not the only one bewildered by your post...

May 16, 2007 5:59 AM  
Blogger Ogoja Princess (aka Mama) said...

this guy, did you just jump of the pages of Alchemist?

May 17, 2007 2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for you to be able to affect my decision, you'll have listen to the stream of messages hidden in the crack of life and then read the messages it brings forth.

I love the whole piece but this is something that I'll take with me. Thanks.

June 28, 2007 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home