Wednesday, August 09, 2006

TIME, SPACE, BELIEF, PEOPLE, AND A DOSE OF GOD

Weird title that I've got up there. Where did that come from. Now you see, I have the unbelievable thought process that makes me awe at myself. It's like a galaxy of thought in there. And I ask myself and people who care to listen the weirdest question in the history of weird questions (seriously). Some of these questions I believe goes beyond me, and am not the only one in that domain of thought.

I was with my friends yesterday after work (that place!) and we decided to chill and have a drink somewhere right opposite the estate where my office is located. In the spirit of the moment, we started talking about everything, and from nowhere we jumped into GOD. Yes, GOD (We started with the story of the Jewish people and how they are highly favoured. And then proceed to discussing war in the Middle-East and the whole che-bang... then Aliens and if they exist or not, and how the certain discoveries are hidden from the public, and then the Judas Scroll that has just been released(?) or Found(?) - and then GOD)

Three of my collegues stated their belief in the bible and the Christian definition of GOD. But I stated otherwise, saying that inspite of all the sweetness that has been attached to GOD and all the mystery that has been woven into GOD, we are missing on point... How come if we are all talking about one GOD, but have different interpretation. My questions - very innocent and with no prejudice but for want for answers stripped of any particular belief - are:

1. How come we have different versions of God?
2. How come the idea of a never changing God keeps changing?
3. Whose version of God is right?
4. Does he interfer in our affairs?
5. If so, does he choose who does what and who doesn't?
6. Is free-will really free-will? (since we can only choose from options that are available to us)
7. Can anyone ever figure God out?
8. If no, how come someone always thinks their own version of God is better than others'?
9. If Yes, then he's not a mystery anymore that the guy next to me?
10. Do we confuse our emotional spasm or intuitive awareness as a sign from God?
11. Why do we keep fighting for who has the best Imaginary Being?
12. Does God care?
13. And if yes, on whose side does he stand?
14. Wont that be partiality if he gets invovled by supporting one side?
15. Can man wrestle with God?
16. Can a created wrestle with the Creator?
17. What is right and what is wrong?
18. By what standard?
19. Who made these standards?
20. What if we are all wrong?
21. What if we are part of someone's vision (of supposed reality) and really don't exist?

I have asked 21 questions, and they are all about us (sorry 50... I actually asked 21 questions about what concerns everyone)

Please share you thoughts with me

2 Comments:

Blogger UnNaked Soul said...

Thanks a lot MindInside, that was very nice of you. And I visited your blog, you strike me as a good soul... keep rising. all the best!

August 10, 2006 3:13 AM  
Blogger guerreiranigeriana said...

interesting questions...why do we refer to God as a he?...do people really believe that God has a gender?...

November 21, 2007 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home